Certificate in Music Studies
Certificate in Music is a one-year full-time course that gives students the framework and resources to immerse themselves in building a strong foundation in music knowledge and skills. The course provides you with structured modules, such as music theory, aural training, and the principal study as well as language and Diction learning. Successful graduates will be fully prepared to enrol in our Diploma in Music course.
The objective of this course is to prepare students for the………………………
|Course Title / Course Code||Certificate in Music / CIM12|
|Course Content (Subjects)||Compulsory subjects:
Music Theory, Aural Training, Language & Diction, Principal Study
* There are no lessons on all public holidays scheduled by the government of Singapore.
Learning is mainly in a classroom setting.
Teaching methods are varied including:
Interactive Tutorials (including use of IT)
|Minimum Age:||15 years old|
|Academic Level :||Completed Secondary 3, Junior Middle School, or its International equivalent level|
|Skills & Musicianship Test :||
|Language Proficiency :
In case applicants who are unable to provide documentary, evidence showing the necessary the English Language proficiency, is required to sit for an English Placement Test.
- Diagnostic Test
- Music Theory Placement Test
- Auditions – Instrumentalist or Singer
- Written tests and examinations
- Oral Exam
- Assignments and projects
- Students must pass the requirements of assessment for each module.
- Student must attain a minimum of 90% attendance to complete the course.
- A certificate will be awarded upon course completion
- The grading scheme for the tests and examinations are as follows:
Range of Marks Grades 80 and above A 70 – 79 B 60 – 69 C 50 – 59 D 49 and below F
A 1 ON 1
Meet with our professional education consultants to evaluate your educational needs.
Ascensia International School’s success is the result of a commitment to providing a good quality education for every child that passes through its doors. To this end, it invests in a state of the art technology that allows for interactive curriculum to be developed to make learning more interesting.