Diploma Programme (DP) 2
The International Baccalaureate (IB) aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. The IB has developed various challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment, to encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right. The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
• develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
• acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups.
• develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education.
• study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own.
• make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course.
• undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay.
• enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service.
|Course Content (Subjects)||Subjects:
1. Theory of knowledge
2. Extended essay
3. Creativity, Action, Service (CAS)
4. Chinese A Language & Literature (Higher Level)
5. Chinese A Language & Literature (Standard Level)
6. English A Language & Literature (Higher Level)
7. English A Language & Literature (Standard Level)
8. English B (Higher Level)
9. English B (Standard Level)
10. Mandarin ab initio (Higher Level)
11. Mandarin ab initio (Standard Level)
12. Economics (Higher Level)
13. Economics (Standard Level)
14. Business management (Higher Level)
15. Business management (Standard Level)
16. Environmental systems and societies (Higher Level)
17. Environmental systems and societies (Standard Level)
18. Physics (Higher Level)
19. Physics (Standard Level)
20. Biology (Higher Level)
21. Biology (Standard Level)
22. Chemistry (Higher Level)
23. Chemistry (Standard Level)
24. Computer Science (Higher Level)
25. Computer Science (Standard Level)
26. Mathematics: analysis and approaches (Higher Level)
27. Mathematics: analysis and approaches (Standard Level)
28. Mathematics: applications and interpretation (Higher Level)
29. Mathematics: applications and interpretation (Standard
30. Music (Higher Level)
31. Music (Standard Level)
32. Visual arts (Higher Level)
33. Visual arts (Standard Level)
*AAIS is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) and pursuing authorization as an IB World School. Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate can offer any of its four academic programmes: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), Diploma Programme (DP) or Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
**Mission Statement from the IB
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
*** There are no lessons on all school and public holidays scheduled by the government of Singapore.
****Class will commence only if the minimum number of students required is met.
- Creative learning
- Peer review
|Academic Level :||
- Summative Assessment
- Formative Assessment
- Formal Assessment
- Student must attain a minimum of 90% attendance to complete the course.
- A certificate will be awarded upon course completion
A 1 ON 1
Meet with our professional education consultants to evaluate your educational needs.
Ascensia International School’s success is the result of a commitment to providing a good quality education for every child that passes through its doors. To this end, it invests in a state of the art technology that allows for interactive curriculum to be developed to make learning more interesting.