International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP) Year 1/2
AAIS aims to provide a high quality learning environment to shape students’ minds, hearts and hands. Dedicated to our mission to inculcate in students global connectedness, AAIS integrates global educational trends in the curriculum. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. Through our International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), students are empowered by an academically challenging and balanced programme that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success in university and life beyond.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups.
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education.
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own.
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course.
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay.
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service.
Successful completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP) Year 1 will allow students to progress to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP) Year 2.
|Course Code||DP-Y1-12 / DP-Y2-12|
|Course Content (Subjects)||
Group 1 – Studies in Language and Literature:
Group 2 – Language Acquisition:
Group 3 – Individuals and Societies:
Group 4 – Sciences:
Group 5 – Mathematics:
Group 6 – Arts:
*AAIS is an IB World School authorised to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) and International Baaclaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP). Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate can offer any of its four academic programmes: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), Diploma Programme (DP) or Career-related Programme (CP). For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
**Mission Statement from the IB
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
*** There are no lessons on all public holidays scheduled by the government of Singapore.
**** Class will commence only if the minimum number of students required is met.
- Creative learning
- Peer review
|Academic Level :||
- Summative Assessment
- Formative Assessment
- Formal Assessment
- Student must attain a minimum of 90% attendance to complete the course.
- A certificate will be awarded upon course completion