Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Schools (Secondary 1/2/3)
- To equip foreign students to reach levels of competence in English and Mathematics that will gain them admission into local schools via the AEIS (Admissions Exercise for International Students) examinations.
- To fill gaps in information and skills so that foreign students may be on par with students in the local schools.
- To familiarize foreign students with the Science syllabus in the local schools.
|Course Content (Subjects)||Subjects:
English and Mathematics
* Course curriculum follows the MOE school syllabus.
* There are no lessons on Public Holidays scheduled by the Government of Singapore
|Aiming AEIS:||27 Jpr 2020 – 18 Sept 2020 (20 weeks)|
|Aiming S-AEIS:||05 Oct 2020 – 05 Mar 2021 (20 weeks)|
*Students may choose both intakes.
Learning is mainly in a classroom setting.
Teaching methods are varied including:
- Interactive Tutorials
- Group work
- Group discussion
- Field Trips and Learning Journeys
|Minimum Age:||12 – 16 years old|
|Academic Level :||Completed level preceding the level of study in this Course|
||Level preceding the level of study in this Course|
- English Placement Tests
- Written tests and examinations
- Assignments and project work
Students may need to sign up for one or more of the following external tests/exams: AEIS (Admissions Exercise for International Students), S-AEIS (Supplementary Admissions Exercise for International Students) or entrance tests / exams conducted by individual schools.
- Student must attain a minimum of 90% attendance to complete the course.
- A certificate will be awarded upon course completion
A 1 ON 1
Meet with our professional education consultants to evaluate your educational needs.
Ascensia International School’s success is the result of a commitment to providing a good quality education for every child that passes through its doors. To this end, it invests in a state of the art technology that allows for interactive curriculum to be developed to make learning more interesting.