Preparatory Course for Diploma Programme
The Preparatory Course for Diploma Programme Course aims to equip students with the necessary skills set and proficiencies in preparation of embarking on the Diploma programme.
The Diploma Programme aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The Preparatory Course for Diploma Programme Course is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success in the IB Diploma Programme. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students and at the same time infusing the essence of the Diploma Programme Learner Profile (Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Risk-Takers, Balanced, and Reflective)
The Preparatory Course for Diploma Programme Course prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, through the learning of English, Mathematics, Research Writing and Visual Arts.
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education.
Successful completion of the Preparatory Course for Diploma Programme Course will allow students to progress to the Diploma Programme (DP) Year 1.
|Course Code||DP Prep|
1. English Language
2. Research Writing
4. Visual Arts
5. Physical Education (PE)
* There are no lessons on all public holidays scheduled by the government of Singapore.
**Class will commence only if the minimum number of students required is met.
- Creative learning
- Peer review
Academic Level – Completed Secondary School or equivalent education and completed at least 9 years of formal education. Student must have taken at least 3 subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Summative Assessment
- Formative Assessment
- Student must attain a minimum of 90% attendance to complete the course.
- A certificate will be awarded upon course completion