Preparatory Course for Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination
The Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) (GCE ‘O’ Level) is highly recognized throughout the world as evidence of an individual’s linguistic and intellectual abilities.
- To build essential skills and knowledge that enable the students to have a better grasp of the content of the GCE ‘O’ level syllabus.
- This course is designed not only to prepare students for the GCE ‘O’ level exam but also to lead them to passing it with a fair degree of excellence so that they may have the opportunity to pursue their education in post-secondary and tertiary institutions.
|Course Title / Course Code||Preparatory Course for Singapore Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination / OL64|
|Course Content (Subjects)||Compulsory subjects:
Additional Mathematics, Chinese, Combined Science (Physics / Chemistry), Malay, Principles of Accounts
* There are no lessons on Public Holidays scheduled by the government of Singapore
**Course curriculum follows the MOE school syllabus. Some subjects may not be offered at the time of student’s enrolment.
Learning is mainly in a classroom setting.
Teaching methods are varied including:
- Interactive Tutorials
- Group work
- Group discussion
- Field Trips and Learning Journeys
|Minimum Age:||15 years old (as at 1 January of the exam year)|
|Academic Level :||Completed Secondary Two or equivalent level|
|Language Proficiency :
||Secondary Two or equivalent level|
- Diagnostic Test
- Written tests and examinations
- Assignments and projects
GCE ‘O’ Level examinations
- Student must attain a minimum of 90% attendance to complete the course.
- A certificate will be awarded upon course completion
A 1 ON 1
Meet with our professional education consultants to evaluate your educational needs.
Ascensia International School’s success is the result of a commitment to providing a good quality education for every child that passes through its doors. To this end, it invests in a state of the art technology that allows for interactive curriculum to be developed to make learning more interesting.