- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) / Medical Insurance
- Student Support Services
- AAIS Student Handbook
- Overseas Representatives
- Standard Student Contract / Late Payment Policy
- Course Transfer / Withdrawal / Deferment Policy
- Refund Policy
- Student Appeal Process
- Dispute Resolution Policy
- Assessment Policy
- Language Policy
- EduTrust Certification Scheme
Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)
As stipulated by the Committee of Private Education(CPE) part of Skillsfuture Singapore, Ascensia International School has a Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) through Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd. For more information on the FPS, please refer to www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg.
Ascensia International School must purchase medical insurance coverage for its full-time students to cover them from hospitalisation and related medical treatment throughout their course duration.
The coverage for the student medical insurance would include
– *B2 Ward (in Government and Restructured Hospitals)
– Annual overall limit of S$20,000 per students
– 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities)
* Free upgrade to B1 Ward
Please click here for a copy of the Medical Insurance Certificate.
Insurance Company: Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd
Policy Number: SD19M07555
Period of Insurance: 01 January 2020 to 31 December 2021 (Both dates inclusive)
Ascensia International School (AAIS) provides the following student supports services:
- Medical insurance coverage for hospitalisation and related medical treatment. Medical Insurance coverage in accordance with the guidelines by CPE is provided to all enrolled students, via Liberty Insurance. There can be an exemption for Singaporean/PR if they are already covered by their own medical insurance plan (proof must be shown to the School to be able to opt-out).
- Advice and recommendations for academic and career plans, accommodation options, government school placement services, and other related services
- Course counselling
- Pastoral counselling (through our partner CARE Singapore)
- Orientation programme
ASCENSIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (ACTIVE AGENT LIST 2019-2020)
|AGENT NAME||COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE||CONTRACT START AND EXPIRY DATE||STATUS|
|KEWO PTE LTD||CHINA||28/11/2020—27/11/2021||ACTIVE|
WANG BO PTE LTD
|EI HOLDINGS PTE LTD||CHINA||
|ANHUI HUANWAI OVERSEAS STUDYING SERVICE CO. LTD||CHINA||19/12/2019—18/12/2020||ACTIVE|
|LINEAGE CONCIERGE PTE LTD||CHINA||28/11/2020—27/11/2021||ACTIVE|
|RED DOT EDUCATION SDN. BHD.||SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, VIETNAM, CHINA||28/11/2020—27/11/2021||ACTIVE|
|KEVYN SIM||CHINA, PHILIPPINES||28/11/2020—27/11/2021||ACTIVE|
|EARLY BIRD INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION||CHINA||28/11/2020—27/11/2021||ACTIVE|
|KHOO QI KAI||CHINA||28/11/2020—27/11/2021||ACTIVE|
All students who intend to study with Ascensia International School must sign a Standard Student Contract with the school before course enrollment. For a copy of the standard student contract, please click here.
Ascensia International School’s Late Payment Policy is applicable to outstanding fees of Schedule B in the Student Contract. It is applicable if payment is not made within 7 days after the scheduled due date(s). The late payment fee is at 1% of outstanding fees.
Transfer, withdrawal and deferment policies
- All requests must be made in writing through the submission of the Course Transfer Request Form / Course Withdrawal Request Form / Course Deferment Form and any supporting documents. Verbal notice is not accepted.
- For students under the age of 18, written consent from the parent / legal guardian must be obtained.
- All requests will be reviewed on a case by cases basis and the School will have the final decision on the outcome.
- The definition of transfer is when a student changes the course but remains as a student of the school.
- Conditions for granting the transfer:
- All outstanding fees must be settled prior to request.
- Student must fulfil the admission criteria of the new course and will be subjected to the School’s student selection and admission procedures.
- For Student’s Pass holder, course transfer is subjected to ICA’s approval of the new Student’s Pass.
- A student who transfers within the School will have their existing contract terminated. A new student contract will be signed based on the procedures for executing student contracts.
- The definition of withdrawal is when a student discontinues all courses with the School.
- Conditions for granting the withdrawal:
- All outstanding fees must be settled prior to request.
- ICA will be informed through the cancellation of the Student’s Pass. Student’s Pass holder is required to submit his/ her Student’s Pass to the school for cancellation of the Student’s Pass with ICA.
- A student who withdrew will have their student contract terminated.
- The definition of deferment is when a student delays or postpones the course (or module).
- Conditions for deferment:
- Students can apply for deferment only once.
- Requests for deferment extension will be considered on a case by case basis.
- In applying for deferment, student has to take note of the course completion timelines.
- Students are to note that maximum duration allowed to complete a course should not be more than TWICE the normal registered course duration. For example, if a course is registered as 1-year duration, the maximum time allowed to complete the course successfully is 2 years.
- Deferment is subjected to the availability of units / courses offered. The school reserves the right to offer similar units / courses in replacement of discontinued units / courses.
- ICA will be informed through the application of the new Student’s Pass. The course deferment is subjected to ICA’s approval of the new Student’s Pass.
- If the student contract is still valid, an addendum would be signed to reflect the deferment. For terminated student contract, a new student contract will be signed based on the procedures for executing student contract.
Ascensia International School adopts the Refund Policy as per the standard Student Contract as set out by CPE. This policy will act as a framework in guiding the implementation of detailed refund processes and procedures in the following areas:
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
- Cooling off Period
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the standard student contract, the PEI will refund within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the standard student contract.
Please also note that the following fees are non-refundable:
- Application Fees
- Fees paid to the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB)
- Fees paid to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
Ascensia International School will manage all appeals in a fair and impartial manner.
All appeals for assessment results or disciplinary decisions shall be submitted in writing, within 7 working days from the release of the results / decisions. The results of the appeals are to be made known to the students within 4 weeks.
Ascensia International School will do the best in resolving any students’ official complaints that the school receive from any channels.
Students may approach the Admissions Department to request for a Feedback Form. Alternatively, students may fill up the Feedback Form and send it via the School’s official email. The relevant Respective Department will follow up for investigation and actions.
- International Students studying in Singapore can either stay with a local guardian or in hostels. The cost of full-board accommodation ranges from S$1,500 to S$2,000 per month, inclusive of rent, meals and laundry.Please contact us for more details on accommodation providers.
EduTrust Certification Scheme
The EduTrust Certification Scheme (EduTrust) is a quality assurance scheme administered by CPE for PEIs in Singapore. It aims to recognise PEIs that are able to consistently maintain high standards in key areas of management and in the provision of education services.
What is EduTrust?
EduTrust is a voluntary certification scheme for private education institutions (PEIs) in Singapore. A private education institution is awarded EduTrust certification if it has achieved the stipulated standards in the areas of:
- Management of the school
- Provision of educational services
- Financial health
Having achieved satisfactory to commendable performance in key areas of management and the provision of educational services, Ascensia Academy was awarded the 1-year EduTrust certification by the Committee for Private Education, a part of SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (CPE).
For more information, please log on to www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg